Academic Validation of TOP
TOP methodology has been validated through academic collaboration and peer review:
University of Arizona
Case Western Reserve University
Fielding Graduate University
The George Washington University
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Pennsylvania State University
University of Pennsylvania
Peer Review of TOP
Kids Insight has validated TOP with publications in key peer-reviewed journals:
- Boswell, J.F., Kraus, D.R., Miller, S.D., Lambert, M.J., (in press) Implementing Routine Outcome Monitoring in Clinical Practice: Benefits, Challenges, and Solutions, Psychotherapy Research.
- Zack, S.E., Castonguay, L.G., Boswell, J.F., McAleavey, A.A., Adelman, R., Kraus,R., (2013) Attachment History as a Moderator of the Alliance Outcome Relationship in Adolescents, Submitted for publication.
- Youn, S.J., Kraus, D.R., Castonguay, L.G. (2012) The Treatment Outcome Package: Facilitating practice and clinically relevant research. Psychotherapy, 49(2), 115-122.
- McAleavey, A.A., Nordberg, S.S., Kraus, D.R., Castonguay, L.G., (2012) Errors in treatment outcome monitoring: Implications of multidimensional and general measurements for real-world psychotherapy. Canadian Psychology, 53(2), 105-114.
- Kraus, D. R., Wright, A.G.C. (2011) Factor Invariance of the Treatment Outcome Package. Submitted for publication.
- Kraus, D. R., Castonguay, L.G., Boswell, J.F. & Nordberg, S.A. (2011) Can Therapists Handle Complex Feedback? Submitted for publication.
- Kraus, D.R., Castonguay, L.G., Boswell, J.F., Nordberg, S.S., & Hayes, J.A. (2011). Therapist effectiveness: Implications for accountability and patient care. Psychotherapy Research, 21, 267-276.
- Kraus, D.R., Castonguay, L.G., Hayes, J.A. & Barber, J.P. (2010) The Empirically Supported Therapist: All Clinicians Have Strengths and Weaknesses. Psychologie Quebec. 1, 12-15.
- Kraus, D. R., & Castonguay, L. G. (2010). TOP: Development & use In naturalistic settings. In M. Barkham, G. Hardy, & J. Mellor-Clark (Eds.), A CORE approach to delivering practice-based evidence in counseling and the psychological therapies. London: Wiley Press.
- Nordberg, S. A., Castonguay, L.G., Fisher, A.J., Boswell, J.F., Kraus, D.R. (2009) Trajectories of Change in Psychotherapy Treatments, Submitted for publication.
- Castonguay, L. G., Constantino , M. J., Boswell, J. F., & Kraus D. R. (2010) The Therapeutic Alliance: Research and Theory. In L. Horowitz & S. Strack (Eds), Handbook of Interpersonal Psychology, Wiley Press: London.
- Kraus, D. R., Boswell, J.F., Wright, A.G.C. Castonguay, L.G., & Pincus, A.L. (2010) Factor Structure of the Treatment Outcome Package for Children. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 66(6), 627-40.
- Kraus, D. R., Castonguay, L.G., (2010) TOP: Development & Use In Naturalistic Settings. In M. Barkham, G. Hardy, & J. Mellor-Clark (Eds.), A Core Approach To Delivering Practice-Based Evidence In Counseling And The Psychological Therapies, Wiley Press: London.
- Kraus, D. R., Wolf, A., & Castonguay, L. (2006). A kinder philosophy to the management of outcomes. Psychotherapy Bulletin, 41(3), 23-31.
- Kraus, D. R., Castonguay, LG, Wolf, A, (2006). The Outcomes Assistant, The Independent Practitioner.
- Kraus, D. R., Seligman, D, Jordan, J. R., (2005). Validation Of A Behavioral Health Treatment Outcome And Assessment Tool Designed for Naturalistic Settings: The Treatment Outcome Package. Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol 61(3), 285-314.
- Kraus, D. R., & Horan, F. P. (1998). Protecting Client Confidentiality and Improving Provider Relations Through a New Form of Managed Care: Collaborative Care Management. In Coughlin, K.M. (Ed.). (1999). Behavioral Outcomes & Guidelines. New York: Faulkner & Gray.
- Kraus, D. R. & Horan, F. P. (1997). Outcomes Roadblocks: Problems and solutions. Behavioral Health Management, 17, 22-24.
- Jordan, J. R., Kraus, D. R, & Ware, E. (1992). Observations on Loss and Family Development, Family Process, 32, 425-44.